It's been a while...

February 04, 2016



Hello again!

I'm still alive... My last post was exactly one year ago, that day I had promised to upload more regularly... well, obviously it didn't work at all. I remember me sitting in my bed at my host families house and thinking about all the free-time I would have when I will be home, about all the time for taking pictures and finally editing them again, and just doing what I love. But life showed me differently and I found myself being in the middle of the monetary of everyday life!


I came home at the beginning of February and currently had so many stuff to do that I totally forgot to take more time for the things I like. I had a job interview shortly after my come back and now I'm almost working there for 1 year. Oh, and I started university in April. Between all those new surroundings and experiences my camera was lying in my shelf all alone for most of the time. You all may know how fast summer semester passes and with one blink I was in the middle of my exams. Followed by a big summer break (I have literally no idea why I haven't even thought about taking time for blogspot in this 3 months) in which I worked quite a lot but also went on holiday twice, I've visited Austria and Greece for the first time. I enjoyed being offline and also having time for collecting the moments with my camera. I will show you some of the pictures in the next weeks! 

So during December, honestly the comfiest time of the year (Oh how I already miss christmas!), when 2015 came to an end and 2016 was yet to come, I reflected my year and got a bit emotional. I noticed that I had experienced so many new beginnings and great moments but beside all of that I totally forgot to spend more time with myself and doing the things I like - it kind of scared me when I've seen that it was one year ago that I really had a deeper look on the photos I took - time was flying in 2015 the quickest ever! 

All in all, I want to start blogging again. Although my week is mostly packed with uni and work, I want to take time to go on with my biggest passion.
I will have my exams in two weeks, so it will be a bit more quite until march, but after that I'm back and today I really mean it!


PS. As you may have noticed, I've changed the name of my blog - "with eyes wide open" describes my intention of this personal diary. I want this blog to be a little helper, to remind myself of what life  really is about and maybe there are people out there, who need this reminder as well. 
I'm currently reading a book called "The Secret", I will probably tell you more in another post.
And why am I still writing in english? Because I think it's fun and it's a good practice for myself, so sorry for any mistakes :-p

// Throwback November 2014
Take your camera or just go for a walk or keep this in mind on all your ways - open your eyes wide, so that you can see the beauty that this world gives us! Don't just focus on material things like the outfit of that girl next door, look deeper. Don't just pass the path, notice that little flower behind the stone or the hidden beauty of that old house at the corner. Stop comparing yourself to others and start to develop your own point of view, open your eyes for the positive things and blend out negativity. I know that it's not easy, it happens to me all the time, but therefore we have to remind ourselves and at the end it's the only way to live a happy life!

That is one of the things I've really learned during my time in England, I couldn't sum it up in a better way than my favorite quote: 

"Become friends with people who aren't your age. Hang out with people whose first language isn't the same as yours. Get to know someone who doesn't come from your social class. This is how you see the world. This is how you grow." - Unknown

I will wrap this post up now with these wise words haha. A big big thanks to all the readers who are still there and a belated happy new year,
xx Maike

1 comment:

  1. Hach, ich will unbedingt mal wieder nach London :)

    ReplyDelete

Design and Content © with eyes wide open | 2014.