Greece for the first time // Mykonos Part 1

March 11, 2016

It's March and summer not too far away anymore. Well, actually there will be spring first, but I'm already dreaming about summer holidays and can't wait for the warm beam of sunlight! Although I'm not a big fan of blazing heat and prefer to stay in the shadow (due to easy sunburns and sweaty conditions haha), I'm definitely a sun child, probably because of my birth month July. There is nothing that can change my mood in seconds, but sunshine! 

For those of you, who are looking for inspiration or are still unsure where to go this year, 
here's my tip: Go and visit Mykonos! 


It's the smallest and cutest island I've ever been to. With all its white houses and blue details, super friendly greek people, yummy food and relaxing atmosphere, I can just recommend going there. 
I went in late September, where most restaurants and touristic attractions had already closed it doors, but it was perfect for me, as I was working a lot before and just needed to relax. The beaches were never too crowded and at most spots we were all by ourselves. If you need more action and party, just go in the season! Mykonos is known for the best greek party island and in summer there are always lots of famos DJ's around, so I would describe it as an an alternative to Mallorcas' "Ballermann".


You can easily rent a car if you are over 21 and explore all the different beaches and corners of the island, or just discover the big labyrinth in the main city also known as "Chora".

The Islands' nickname is "The Island of Winds" - I can totally agree!


& here is a little "secret": your arrival and departure will show you the beauty from above. We had a stop at Santorini on our journey back home and although I was not too excited before as I'm super scared when it come to flying, but the view we had was just amazing and totally worth it!


What do you need to be happy? :) And where do you want to travel next?

with eyes wide open, xx Maike

6 comments:

  1. hach das sieht mal richtig richtig schön aus! tolle bilder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you :)
    Happy weekend!


    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2016/02/same-old-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very nice pictures! Sounds good!
    I was in the states for the first time and that made me happy :)
    Thank you very much for your sweet comment on our blog! We really appreciate that!
    x Carina - www.lovespreadingfriends.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics from Mykonos! It´s a magic place :-)
    Melina
    www.melinaalt.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh das sieht wirklich ultra schön aus! Muss da unbedingt auch mal hin ♥
    Liebe Grüße,
    Franz
    http://kaffeeclutch.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE VIEW
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete

Design and Content © with eyes wide open | 2014.